The annual Player of the Year Dance was understandably a night of celebration at Firhill last night.
Before the party could really get going there was, however, the small matter of handing out a few awards and they were distributed as follows:
- City Centre Player of the Year: Conrad Balatoni
- City Centre Young Player of the Year: Stuart Bannigan and Stephen O’Donnell
- Cumbernauld Player of the Year: Conrad Balatoni
- East of Scotland Player of the Year: Conrad Balatoni
- Firhill Fitty: Alan Archibald
- Jagscast Player of the Year: Conrad Balatoni
- Jagscast Young Player of the Year: Stuart Bannigan
- Jagscast Goal of the Season: Stephen O’Donnell v Dunfermline Athletic
- Jags Trust Player of the Year: Partick Thistle Squad Season 2012-2013
- Jordanhill Player of the Year: Conrad Balatoni
- Jordanhill Young Player of the Year: Stuart Bannigan
- Nomads Player of the Year: Conrad Balatoni
- North West Player of the Year: Conrad Balatoni
As our list above shows it was quite a night for Conrad Balatoni and ptfc.co.uk caught up with Conrad as he carried his awards to his car.
“It’s always nice to pick up personal awards but I would happily hand them all back if it had been a choice between that and winning the league. Luckily we managed to win the league and it’s been a special night for me.”
Did it take him a little by surprise?
“It did a wee bit. As I said in some of my speeches you just need to look at some of the talent there is in the squad. It could have been Chris Erskine, Stuart Bannigan, Aaron Muirhead, Aaron Sinclair; just about anyone winning the awards. It’s nice to be recognised but any number of players would have deserved to win awards. I’ve had a few ups and downs in the last few seasons so to win these awards is really special. It’s a team game though and I wouldn’t have these awards if it weren’t for the help of my team mates.”
Just one thing has proved even more memorable for Conrad.
“Winning the league was the best feeling in the world. The only thing that could top that would be if I were to win the league again.”