In this section...
Academy Physiotherapists and Sports Therapists
Vacancy at Thistle Weir Academy
Role: Academy Physiotherapists and Sports Therapists
Part time – Reporting to Academy Director
Salary: Salary to be agreed, depending on experience and qualifications
Location(s): Based at Petershill, Springburn and Lochinch sports facilities
Days/times: Training and match day cover (days and times to be discussed)
Purpose of the Role:
To deliver our Academy Physiotherapy Programme to our Under 11s to Under 18s age groups including injury assessment, rehabilitation clinics and pitch side cover at evening training sessions and weekend fixtures.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties:
- To provide physiotherapy and pitch side cover at academy fixtures and training sessions, including emergency on-pitch care/treatment when required.
- To ensure that the necessary medical support service and equipment are present at all training sessions and fixtures.
- To record all injuries and rehabilitation undertaken by Academy players and communicate relevant information with the Academy Physio Coordinator, Academy Director and relevant age group coaches.
- To ensure all injuries are managed effectively including regular communication.
- To abide by all club policies including, but not exclusive to, Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety#
Experience and Qualifications
- Physiotherapy degree or equivalent and/or relevant Sports Therapist qualification.
- HCPC registered physiotherapist or member of The Society of Sports Therapists
- Valid National Sports First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Committed to working evenings and weekends
- PVG check to be completed before appointment.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health course or equivalent.
- Additional skill set that can enhance other areas of the academy/club.
For more information and an application form, contact
Thistle Weir Youth Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. This post includes regulated work with children and all offers are subject to references and PVG Scheme membership.