Job vacancy: Development Squad/ First Team Assistant Physiotherapist
Friday 16th June, 2017 at 3:23pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen within medical department of Partick Thistle Football Club. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic physiotherapist to compliment the club’s current staff and philosophy. This role will offer a great pathway into professional sport and give the successful candidate valuable experience in the industry.
Your time will be split between working with the first team and the club’s new development squad. We are looking for the new physiotherapist to bring new ideas and an excellent work ethic to an already forward thinking medical department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead in assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all development squad players. Produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players you are responsible for.
- Organise, develop and implement a comprehensive movement screening and injury prevention program.
- To assist in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of U9-First Team players as required by the department.
- To lead development match day/training cover and assist First Team.
- To play an active role and on occasion lead the pre-signing medical.
- To assist or lead warm up, cool down, movement retraining, stretching, pre-activation and prehab / rehab protocols.
- To accompany players to medical consultations.
- Assist Head Physiotherapist in the running department, including taking an active role in all medical meetings and weekly planning meetings.
- To assist in monthly/yearly injury audits.
- Lead and assist in the education of all players in terms of injury prevention, injury care, post-match recovery, diet and drug awareness.
- Ensure all medical notes are precise and up to date.
- Actively contribute to the Medical Department’s CPD Programme
- A minimum BSc Physiotherapy
- CSP/HCPC registered
- Driving License/Car access
- Demonstrate interest in working in elite sport
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should forward a CV and covering letter to with Development Squad/ First Team Assistant Physiotherapist in the subject header.