PTWFC SEEKS NEW HEAD COACH
Thursday 27th August, 2020 at 3:43pm
Partick Thistle Women’s FC is now looking for a Head Coach. Founded in 2015 as Thistle Weir Ladies, having achieved promotion in 2016 and 2018, the team’s ambition remains to achieve a final promotion to reach the top-flight Scottish Women’s Premier League One this season. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in guiding the team to that important promotion and will also guide the club to competing within the professional game within five years.
Details of the vacancy are:
- Role: Part-time, Head Coach working under direction from the chairman and committee of Partick Thistle Women’s FC
- Salary: to be agreed depending on experience and qualifications
- Location(s): Based at Lochinch Police Sports Facility, Pollok Park, Glasgow and Petershill Glasgow Club
- Days / times: Two midweek training sessions and Sunday match cover
The successful applicant will be an exceptional individual who:
- is dynamic, self-motivated and good at communicating;
- has a record of accomplishments within the women’s or men’s game or both;
- has the passion to develop our current players and attract new players to the club;
- can work with the manager of PT Women’s pathway club, Drumchapel Girls to build stronger relationships;
- is experienced in managing a successful football team;
- is prepared to proactively promote the consistent application of the Partick Thistle Women’s FC’s vision, values and beliefs;
- has a confident and vibrant personality;
- and has the ability to be able to affect change in individual players and the team.
- Minimum requirement of Level 2 C licence;
- Experience of working with both young and experienced players;
- Strong leadership and organisational skill;
- and PVG Scheme membership. If this is not currently held, the successful applicant will be required to have it.
- Must have applied to start level 3 B licence (adult) course in same season;
- Sports First Aid or equivalent qualification;
- and a current driving licence with access to a car.
Start date for post would be negotiable, but no later than Monday, 14th September.
To apply, please send CV to Beth Adamson, secretary of Partick Thistle Women’s Football Club at
Partick Thistle Women’s FC is an Equal Opportunities Employer. This post includes regulated work with children and all offers are subject to references and PVG Scheme membership.