McCrea Mortgages February Goal of the Month Voting Now Open
Tuesday 23rd February, 2021 at 2:55pm
February was another month where Thistle were actionless as the suspension of football continued. With no McCrea Mortgages Player of the Month award able to be presented, we’ve worked with the team at McCreas to come up with an alternative award – the McCrea Mortgages February Goal of the Month award.
We’ve dipped into the archives and found eight of the finest goals that Thistle have scored during the month of February for Jags fans to vote on to determine their all-time favourite.
Voting is now open on the Partick Thistle twitter account and through ptfc.co.uk using the “world cup” elimination format. Ties will run for 24 hours with the nomination with most votes moving on to the next round until we get a winner.
Our eight goal nominations which will enter in to the first round of voting are:
- Jim Melrose v Celtic – February 1980. An injury time header from the prolific Jags striker ensured a share of the spoils against Celtic in the early 1980s. Click here to vote for this moment.
- Gerry Britton v Dundee – February 2002. A thumping volley at Dens Park from the King of Spain ensured Thistle’s Scottish Cup adventure continued against Premier League Dundee. Click here to vote for this moment.
- Stephen O’Donnell v Dundee United – February 2015. A free-flowing move from Thistle culminating in SOD’s terrific finish as Thistle picked up a Tannadice victory for the first time in more than 20 years. Click here to vote for this moment.
- Gary Harkins v Livingston – February 2009. A trademark Gary Harkins free kick put the seal on a Thistle victory at Almondvale in this First Division clash. Click here to vote for this moment.
- Mark Roberts v Ross County – February 2007. A 30-yard Firhill finish from Mark Roberts fired Thistle into the lead against Ross County some 14 years ago. Click here to vote for this moment.
- Kallum Higginbotham v Motherwell – February 2014. A fine individual effort as Higginbotham beat a number of ‘Well players before finishing in a cool and composed manner during an end-to-end clash at Fir Park. Click here to vote for this moment.
- David Rowson v Livingston – February 2009. A thundering effort from the edge of the box put Thistle three goals up against Livi. Click here to vote for this moment.
- Chris Erskine v Airdrie United – February 2013. A stunning piece of magic from Erskine secured Thistle all three points for the promotion chasing Jags. Click here to vote for this moment.
Vote now for your favourite in each of our first round ties to make sure your favourite Thistle goal makes it through to the next stage of voting.
Don’t forget you can follow our sponsors McCrea Mortgages, a division of McCrea Financial Services, on Twitter and Facebook where they provide useful updates and the latest news on getting the most out of your finances as well as finding the right mortgage deal for you through McCrea Mortgages.