VACANCY: Professional Phase Physiotherapist
Friday 14th June, 2019 at 11:49am
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the medical department of Partick Thistle Football Club. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic physiotherapist to compliment the club’s current staff and philosophy. This role will offer a great pathway into professional sport and give the successful candidate valuable experience in the industry.
This is a full time role, based at the Energy Check Stadium at Firhill and the Club’s training facilities. Your time will be split between working with the Club’s professional phase players, namely those players in the under 18 age group, and the first team. We are looking for the new physiotherapist to bring fresh ideas and an excellent work ethic to an already forward thinking medical department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To lead in assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all professional phase players. Produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players you are responsible for.
- Organise, develop and implement a comprehensive movement screening and injury prevention program.
- To assist in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of players from under nines through to the first team as required by the department.
- To lead professional phase match day/training cover and assist the Head Physiotherapist in first team match day / training cover.
- To co-ordinate the physiotherapists and first aiders within the Thistle Weir Youth Academy.
- To provide a weekly clinic for the Academy players.
- To play an active role and on occasion lead the pre-signing medical.
- To assist or lead warm up, cool down, movement retraining, stretching, pre-activation and prehab / rehab protocols.
- To accompany players to medical consultations.
- Assist Head Physiotherapist in the running department, including taking an active role in all medical meetings and weekly planning meetings.
- To assist in monthly/yearly injury audits.
- Actively contribute to the Medical Department’s CPD programme.
- Lead and assist in the education of all players in terms of injury prevention, injury care, post-match recovery, diet and drug awareness.
- Ensure all medical notes are precise and up to date.
- A minimum BSc Physiotherapy
- CSP/HCPC registered
- Demonstrate interest in working in elite sport
- Previous experience working in professional sport
- Strength and Conditioning Qualification
- Pitch-side First Aid Certificate
- Driving License
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should forward a CV and covering letter to with Professional Phase Physiotherapist in the subject header.
Partick Thistle Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer. This post includes regulated work with children and all offers are subject to references and PVG Scheme membership.